Item No. 008.0165 & 008.0166
or with 150ml bottle
Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
- Allows babies to retain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
- Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly.
- Enables an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
- One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
- The ideal teat for your baby - we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established
This new teat ensures that babies do not have to change their natural feeding behaviour. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma - the milk only flows when the baby 'works' for it.
- Baby with Medela breastmilk teat Calma
Our latest studies with researchers from the University of Western Australia show that creating a vacuum is essential to successfully breastfeed. Babies learn very early on that they have to produce a vacuum for the breastmilk to flow. Their natural way of sucking requires intensive work during breastfeeding!
Standard teats accelerate an unnatural technique
When you give your baby a bottle with pumped breastmilk and a standard teat, it learns a different technique as to when you breastfeed it. The pumped breastmilk flows automatically and does not stop when the baby wants to pause or breathe. So the baby chokes more easily and can develop difficulties in its regular breathing.
- Medela Calma breastmilk teat
Calma - the best teat for your baby
For a mother looking for the optimal teat to feed her child breastmilk, Calma is the ideal solution. Calma was developed based on the results of our studies with the University of Western Australia. That's why Calma is the ideal teat for babies who are being breastfed with breastmilk, as it allows them to suck, swallow and breathe, as learned on the breast. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma, the baby has to create a vacuum for breastmilk to flow. As soon as the baby pauses, the flow is stopped, this is also the way with breastfeeding.
With Calma - the ideal breastmilk teat - your baby is on the safe side
Similar as with breastfeeding, your baby can
- drink, pause and breathe in its natural rhythm,
- create its individual vacuum through a combination of tongue and jaw movements,
- retain its natural way of sucking, which allows an easy transition from breastfeeding to feeding breastmilk with Calma and back to the breast.
- Gomes C F (2006). Surface Electromyography of facial muscles during natural and artificial feeding of infants. Journal of Paediatrics, (Rio J), 82(2), 103 - 109
- Nyqvist, K H (2001). Early oral behaviour in pre-term infants during breastfeeding. An electromyographic study. Acta Oaediatrica, 90(6) 658 - 663
- Mizuno K., and Ueda A., Changes in sucking performances from non-nutritive sucking to nutritive sucking during breast-and bottle-feeding Pediatric Research Vol 59, No. 5 2006
- Geddes, D.T., Kent, J.C. Mitoulas, L.R. and Hartmann, P.E. (2008) Tongue Movement and intra-oral vacuum in breastfeeding infants. Early Human Development 84: 471 - 477.
Order shipments require 2 to 7 business days to reach their destination with the exception of some remote areas and special orders. Deliveries do not occur on weekends or statutory holidays. We do not deliver outside of Canada. Additional charges may apply for deliveries to areas outside of the Greater Toronto Area and for oversized items. If additional charges apply, we will contact the customer before processing the order. Additional charges may also apply for multiple delivery attempts.
When receiving a delivery:
1. The customer or their proxy must be present to receive, inspect and sign for the delivery if a signature is required.
2. Before signing for the package(s), the customer must ensure receipt of the proper number of packages and inspect the condition of the package(s). If there are any damages or shortages, the customer must make sure these are noted by the carrier in writing before accepting the delivery.
3. Packages must be promptly opened and checked to ensure that the correct items were shipped.
4. In the event of any damage during shipping, email email@example.com with a description of the damage, photographs and the order number.
*Please see below for information regarding Defective Item Returns.
The customer must email any requested changes or cancellations of orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. Changed or cancelled orders will then be confirmed via email. We cannot guarantee that changes to or cancellations of online orders can be made once they are processed, however we will do our best to accommodate any requested changes prior to shipping. In the event that an order cannot be changed or cancelled, please refer to our return policy.
BB Buggy reserves the right to cancel any order if the customer’s billing information cannot be verified or does not coincide with the delivery address. We reserve the right not to release an order for in-store pickup if the customer’s identification and address cannot be verified.
Final sale items, discounted items, promotional items, floor models, gift baskets, special orders, replacement parts and merchandise which does not meet certain criteria cannot be returned or exchanged. Please see our detailed list of final sale items below.
Refunds will be issued via the original payment method. Customers returning items with a gift receipt will be issued a store credit.
BB Buggy offers refunds within 14 days from the date of purchase and 30 days for exchange or store credit on most products bought in-store with the original sales receipt.
Products returned with a gift receipt have 30 days for exchange or store credit from the date of purchase.
BB Buggy offers refunds within 14 days from the date of delivery for most products bought online.
Refunds take 3 to 5 business days to process and 5 to 10 business days for the refund amount to appear back on the customer’s account. In the case of a gift return, it will take 3 to 5 business days to process and issue an online credit for the return.
When returning items:
1. The customer must log in to their account to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. This number is used to track the return and must be referenced in all communications.
2. The customer must wait for a member of our online team to confirm the return via email with instructions for returning the package.
3. The RMA number must be written on the outside of each package. Returns must be shipped through an insurable method. The customer must email email@example.com when the package has been shipped and provide a tracking number. Please ship to:
BB Buggy Warehouse
1200 Castlefield Ave., Lower East
4. The customer also has the option of bringing a return accompanied by the RMA number to any of our store locations. If the customer wishes to make an exchange in the store, this must be pre-arranged through our online team.
5. The customer will be responsible for return shipping costs for unwanted items. Items not meeting the criteria stated below and therefore deemed non-returnable will be shipped back to the customer at their expense.
RETURNABLE ITEM CRITERIA
Merchandise being returned must meet the following criteria:
Returned items not meeting these criteria are subject to a 25% or more restocking fee depending on the condition of the returned items. BB Buggy reserves the right to refuse any returns that do not meet these criteria.
FINAL SALE ITEMS
Due to safety and hygienic reasons, the following products are deemed final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged once purchased:
DEFECTIVE ITEM RETURNS
Customers can return a defective item which was purchased in-store and was not deemed a final sale item if they provide the original sales receipt or gift receipt. Once the return is approved, the customer will receive an equivalent replacement item.
Customers returning a defective item that was deemed final sale must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to proceed with their return. Final sale items which are defective follow separate protocols depending on the defect and manufacturer’s policy and therefore must be dealt with on an individual basis. Defective final sale items will not be accepted in-store without prior approval and an RMA number.
Customers must notify us of a defective product within 3 business days from the date of delivery. We recommend that the customer email email@example.com with a description of the defective item, photographs and the order number.
Once the return is approved, the customer must follow the procedure for returning online purchases outlined above. We will cover the cost of return shipping for a defective item and provide an equivalent replacement item. The customer also has the option of bringing the defective item with the RMA number to any of our store locations. If the customer wishes to make an exchange in the store, this must be pre-arranged through our online team. This procedure applies to both returnable and final sale items.
Customers who purchase merchandise with a warranty are required to contact the particular manufacturer for details.
BB Buggy reserves the right to make changes to this policy without notice.